Discover more from Bits & Pieces
How to find design inspiration in everyday life?
You don't have to be a professional designer to find a great inspiration.
We all know that feeling of being creatively blocked. You sit down at your desk intending to come up with a great new idea, but for some reason, nothing comes to mind. You might try brainstorming or looking through the internet for inspiration, but eventually, you just give up and go watch TV instead.
What to do when you're creatively blocked?
If you're having trouble coming up with new ideas, there are a few things you can do to get the creative juices flowing:
• Break out of your comfort zone. Trying something new can help stimulate creativity. If you usually work on graphic design projects, try painting or writing instead.
• Get some exercise. Take a walk, run, or hit the gym to get your body moving and your mind working. Exercise releases endorphins that promote feelings of well-being and boost creativity.
• Look around you. There are beautiful and inspiring designs all around us, from the light refracting through a raindrop to the delicate curves of a flower petal. By taking the time to really look at and appreciate these everyday objects, you can find inspiration in different places.
• Connect with other creatives. Join an online community or attend local meet-ups to connect with other designers and artists and share ideas and inspiration. Surrounding yourself with like-minded people can help keep your creativity alive.
If you're looking for design inspiration, there's no better place to start than right where you are. With some creativity and some time spent observing the world around you, you can find beautiful and inspiring designs in even the most unexpected places.
How to find design inspiration in everyday content?
When it comes to finding design inspiration, there are no rules. Sometimes the best ideas come from looking closely at the world around you, and other times they come from experimenting with different software and tools. The key is to be creative and open-minded and never stop exploring new possibilities.
That being said, here are a few suggestions on where you can find design inspiration in everyday content:
1. Look for patterns and shapes in nature.
2. Study the work of your favorite designers, and see how they approach problem-solving.
3. Pay attention to details in everyday objects, like how light reflects off a surface or how a particular texture feels.
4. Take photos of interesting things you see, and use them as reference material later.
5. Use design-focused websites and apps like Are.na or Pinterest for quick bursts of inspiration.
6. Keep a sketchbook with you, and jot down ideas as they come to you.
If you're a professional designer, you probably already have an eye for beautiful designs in everyday content. But even if you don't consider yourself a "creative person," you can still find inspiration in the things around you. By looking closely at the world and keeping an open mind, you can uncover unique designs that you might have otherwise missed.
Creativity is a fickle thing, and it's not always easy to come up with new ideas when you need them. If you're feeling creatively blocked, don't worry – there are plenty of things you can do to get the creative juices flowing again. By breaking out of your comfort zone, getting some exercise, looking around you, and connecting with other creatives, you can jumpstart your creativity and find the inspiration you need to get started on your next project. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start exploring!